Sat, Oct 05|
Campus No. 805
Tour De Ville
Tour de Ville 2019 is a festive event for the whole family centered on a leisurely bike ride around Historic Downtown Huntsville with proceeds benefitting the Boys & Girls Clubs of North Alabama
Time & Location
Oct 05, 2019, 8:00 AM
Campus No. 805, 2620 Clinton Ave W, Huntsville, AL 35805, USA
About the Event
Tour de Ville 2019 is a festive event centered on a leisurely bike ride around Historic Downtown Huntsville. The ride begins and ends at S.R. Butler Green located at Campus No. 805 on Clinton Avenue. Riders will enjoy several noteworthy and historic “rest stops” along the route where interesting local information will be presented. The post-ride celebration will feature live music, with free pizza for the kids, and with food, drinks, and local craft beer available. Also post ride, local NICA (High School) Mountain Biking Teams will host a bike obstacle course with fun races and games for kids and adults. Other fun kid’s activities are also being planned.
Money raised from the event will provide needed funds to support kids and programs at the Boys & Girls Clubs of North Alabama, Williams Unit. These funds allow us to fulfill our mission: to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. The ride also promotes the Boys & Girls Club’s Healthy Lifestyles programs.
Bring your bikes, helmets, friends, and family and have fun helping a worthy cause!
Registration / Minimum Donation Levels
Early On-Line Registration (Ends Sept 19):
- Adult (18 and Over) $30 with T-Shirt (provide size)
- Adult – No T-Shirt $20
- Child* $15 with T-Shirt (provide size)
- Child – No T-Shirt $5
Late Registration On-Line or On-Site day of ride:
Adults (18 and Over) $25
Family of 5 or more $65
A limited number of T-Shirts may be available for purchase on site. For on-line registrations prior to Sept 8, make note of size desired and we will do our best to have your T-Shirt at the registration table on the day of the ride or for pick up within 2 weeks of the ride.
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated from non-riders and non-participants, online or at the event.
General Information and Ride Rules/Qualifications
- Bicycle safety checks and minor adjustments will be available on Butler Green before the ride.
- Approximately 25 to 30 adult bikes will be made available for the ride through the generous support of Huntsville Urban Bike Share (https://www.facebook.com/HuntsvilleUrbanBikeShare/) and Pace (https://ridepace.com/city/huntsville-al/)
- Some children’s bicycles and helmets may be available as giveaways. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for more information.
- Bicycle helmets and accessories may be available for sale on site.
RIDER SAFETY: Although the Tour de Ville routing will take full advantage of bike lanes, bikeways, quiet neighborhood streets, and a low-traffic period, there will be exposure to automotive traffic along public roads. Safety Riders from the local cycling community will guide the group along the route and will attempt to keep the group organized. However, given the potential exposure to automotive traffic, the following will apply:
- Only children ages 8 and up are allowed to participate on the ride. (and no training wheels)
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany riders ages 8 to 13.
- All riders will be required to sign a Liability Waiver at the registration table on ride day prior to the ride. A Parent or Legal Guardian of all children 17 and under will be required to sign a Liability Waiver for their children.
- Helmets are mandatory for all children under the age of 16 and highly recommended for all riders.
- For children 7 and under who will be participating in the bike rally on Butler Green, a parent/legal guardian must remain on-site during the rally.
Sat. Oct 5th, 2019 – Butler Green – Clinton Avenue
8:00 AM – On-site registration opens
9:00 AM – Ride Begins
11:45 to 12:15 – Riders return to Butler Green
11:45 to 2:30 – Band, Bike Obstacle Course, Family Activities, Food / Drinks